Nancy Day is the Parks and Recreation Director for West Valley City, Utah. She has worked for West Valley City for over 20 years and has worked in the Parks and Recreation profession for over 30 years. She has a passion for providing leisure time opportunities for citizens of all ages and abilities. In her 30+ years of experience, Nancy has had the opportunity to serve in various governmental agencies including State, County, Special Taxing District and Municipal government. In her current role, Nancy continues to strive to make community recreation facilities and experiences optimal and available for the citizens of West Valley City.
Some of Nancy’s professional contributions include:
- Past President of URPA (Utah Recreation and Parks Association)
- Current Chair for the URPA Leadership Academy
- URPA Board Member (numerous positions) 11 years
- CPRP (Certified Park and Recreation Professional)
- Local Host Committee Representative for two National NRPA (National Recreation and Park Association) Conventions
Nancy has a B.S. degree from Utah State University and an M.S. degree from the University of Utah. Both are in Parks and Recreation Management. She is the proud wife of a US Army Veteran and has five amazing kids with her first grandbaby on the way! She and her husband are from out of state but have loved raising their family in Utah.